Saturday, February 24, 2007

Back on the Horse

After spending about two solid weeks on a forest green, 3-skein-long, cartridge belt rib scarf, I am in a whirlwind of other patterns, none of which are forest green, 3-skeins-long, cartridge belt rib scarves. The scarf turned out quite nice, but I'm happy to set that pattern aside for a while.

Last night I finished the body of Astrodome, and it's pucker-iffic! That's what I get from not making a swatch for my first attempt at Fair Isle. I'm hoping the puck-itude blocks out, but if not, it's still a fun item. And now I know that even if I think I'm holding the stranded yarn loose enough, it turns out I can hold it even looser.

I got it in my head this morning that I need to do a pair of Fetchings for my friend who is leaving town to go to the East Coast to do research for a month. True, they don't have fingers so they won't help during the next snowstorm, but I'm hoping that they can help keep her hands warm while she's inside a cold office. This is my third pair, the first two having been made when I first began knitting. This pair is sure going a lot faster!

Oh! And on the masters project front, I met with the college writing tutor on Thursday, to strategize about how to organize massive amounts of far too much information. It took a while, but we came up with a plan for me to play with. I now have an Excel spreadsheet open on my desktop, keeping track of little chunks of information, One of my issues is that I've been trying to integrate all of the information together before it's ready to be integrated. Like a fine wine...not before its time.

No comments: