Thursday, February 21, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's true, I have scored My First Apartment.  It's amazing how many offers I've had, over other people yet, with no income!  This whole job thing is next on my list, as one cannot live on subbing alone, particularly if one is looking for a healthy psyche.  

I'll be living on the top floor of a mansion, in a 100 year-old building with some really neat architectural details.  And the kitchen?  It's in the turret.  I've looked at a lot of places, and I usually bring along cameras and tape measures and I go home and pour over details and do math and study bus schedules, but for this place?  I just knew I wanted it.  The one typical thing I did was time the walk (yes, with a stopwatch) from the local commercial district to the house.  6 minutes, 43 seconds.

As of March 1, I will begin life as someone who has a fridge with *only* her own food in it.

Housewarming festivities may take a little while, as the aforementioned job situation will make furniture acquisition a gradual process.

Hooray!

1 comment:

Myranthia said...

Yay for the home! I will bring you your table, help you move, and supply something for the party. Just let me know when it is! Yay!