Monday, January 28, 2008

Cheek to Cheek



I am a dancer. I've always been a dancer. It's part of who I am, and who I'd like to continue to be. Dancing took a back seat while in grad school, but present circumstances are allowing for more opportunities to dance than I've had in a while. Ballroom, swing, morris, 80's... you name it, and I'll be lacing up the appropriate shoes.

I was a tad frustrated at the Edwardian Ball this weekend. It was my first time in attendance, and while there was definitely eye candy all 'round, there wasn't as much dancing as I'd anticipated. While the bands (all very fun) were playing, the goths just weren't dancing. They weren't even goth dancing (once very accurately described to me as "being on fire in slow motion"). There were specific points in the program meant for ballroom dancing, but isn't all music made for dancing?

Sheesh.

In related news, tailcoats are the bomb.  Doesn't really matter what kind; they can traditional, they can be goth, but they should just be, early and often.

Enjoy this example of a tailcoat in proper action (and the dress ain't half-bad, either).

No comments: