Friday, January 18, 2008

Like Falling Back Onto a Log

Today, along with much of the rest of the country, I got up and went to work. This isn't ordinarily so interesting, but I haven't had full-time work since I went to grad school (and still don't) so I found it very refreshing and novel.

My task? Present tarantula facts to squirmy second and third-graders, along accompanied by a Real Live Tarantula.

I find this type of work immeasurably easier and more natural than, say, answering phones in a busy office.

Though this was a one-morning gig, I'm anticipating more, so this is good. Between this and serving the great county of Alameda as a substitute teacher, I *will* continue to put food on the table (said while shaking a determined fist into the air).

A Real Job(tm) continues to elude me.

No comments: